Sunday, January 11, 2009

First Post

I've always said that if I started a rock band I'd call it "Fleshy Bipeds". By "always" I mean within the past year.

Ahhhh.... Doctor Who. I've lived it and loved it since I was young enough to fake an ID to get into a night club. I've alienated friends, lovers, and family over it. Instead of concentrating on schoolwork or taking notes in class, I was drawing magnificently scarfed Tom Bakers standing next to important historical figures in my textbooks. Instead of being a normal delinquent teen on Saturday nights, I was glued to Alabama Public Television at 9pm sharp (right after "This Old House"...).

Wow. At one time I must've had 2 boxes full of VHS tapes packed with DW episodes. Now I can just hop in the car and drive to Best Buy when a new boxed set comes out. I loved it just as much when the most fearsome creature was wrapped in green-painted bubble wrap as I do now with all the spectacular CGI.

Maybe in the next post I'll talk about the time I wore a home-made Dalek hat to a PBS pledge drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment